Saturday 22 March 2014

A Royal Week

This week had a huge Royal influence!

I delivered a workshop influenced by the Sensing Spaces exhibition. We were based in the learning rooms at the Royal Academy of Arts. It was great to work with a group of young adults from the Leighton Project to produce body wear influenced by the exhibition - and then walk into the galleries to become part of the architectural installations - it was almost like we were on a film set location!

Carnival Queen Crown illustration by Jhinuk Sarkar

My ideas for workshops are broad and very much tailored to the group I am delivering them to, though not strictly based on illustration techniques, this workshop used thinking and ideas involved in illustration practices such as creating characters and narratives. Visit my website to learn more about the workshops I can deliver.

Today my postcards sold in the Secret Postcard sale at Royal College of Art. I love seeing the array of work submitted by artists at all stages of their careers and hearing about the stories from the RCA blog, from the Paula Rego's to the Yoko Ono's and this year I hear that Jarvis Cocker even submitted imagery! Now it's sold I'll give you a peek at this little chap who I illustrated on one of my postcards this year:

Squirrelling Away illustration by Jhinuk Sarkar


As always, thanks for looking, and get in touch if you think of any illustrations you would like in your world.

Jhinuk





No comments:

Post a Comment